Good thing: I've warmed up a lot to my new classmates. I go out pretty regularly with Erica, and last week, she, JT and I went to trivia at the Fargo Brewing Company. Bonus: we didn't do too badly! We'll hopefully get (at least) Jared to tag along next time and do a bit better.
Bad thing: Old Fargo friends, it's just not the same.
Good thing: In Round 2 of my (hopefully) ongoing prank gift-off with Julia, I sent her some Benedict Cumberbatch nail decals (<3 you, Etsy), and she, Emily and I gave ourselves fabulous/weird Benedict Cumberbatch manicures when I went to Minneapolis two weekends ago. (And if you don't already know what Round 1 was, I'd be happy to send you a picture.)
Bad thing: Literally two days after doing these manicures, Benedict Cumberbatch got engaged to not me.
Good thing: I have read so many good books. All of you, go out and read A Girl is a Half-Formed Thing, especially if you're willing to be a little bit patient to get used to the style, it's just tremendous. And Dan leant me his copy of The Bone Clocks which is also incredibly good.
Bad thing: What's happening with my thesis? Unclear.
Good thing: I got an interview with a reinsurance company that I was really excited about!
Bad thing: I appear not to have gotten a second interview with said reinsurance company.
Good thing, though: Unlike the last time I applied for jobs, this time I am very confident that, not only will I be a great employee and an excellent asset wherever I end up, all the companies that do not hire me are making a huge mistake and giving their competitors a big advantage. While this is obviously a bit of an exaggeration, for some reason I believe it wholeheartedly. Also, it's made me reevaluate what I want to do and am qualified to do, in the sense that I think there may be more opportunities for me than I was originally giving myself credit for.
Good thing: I didn't exactly get a 180, but I did much, much better on the LSAT than I thought I had.
Bad thing: Law school? Yeah, I don't know.
Good thing: I discovered Tumblr.
Bad thing: I discovered Tumblr.
Good thing: I'm getting a new pump soon/am working diligently to get as much as I can out of my terrible, terrible health insurance company before I'm kicked off it.
Bad thing: I'm getting kicked off my terrible, terrible health insurance, and finding new health insurance is a much bigger pain than it should be. God, I hate my terrible, terrible health insurance so much, I wish I wasn't getting kicked off it.
--------
So that's a little summary of my past month. I'm going to leave you with an abbreviated transcript of a conversation I had on Facebook, while I was having an actual conversation at Starbucks, because I don't want to leave you without an anecdote:
Me: Laura this one's for you: I sit down in an armchair at Starbucks, and a man walks up to me, points to the empty seat next to mine and says, "Two questions, one, is my beard ok with you? Two, can I sit in this chair?"
Sam: Get his number immediately
Me: ... He just pulled out a switchblade to open his headphones container. Think I'm going to take a pass.
Me: He asked about my nails and I explained how Etsy works. We're off to a great start here.
Me: He's just affirmed that he's "hella straight." Just hitting all the marks, basically.
Sam: Oh my.
Sam: Although so far he seems like the most eligible bachelor in Fargo.
Me: This is what he just said about my hair: "It's business, and it's casual, but it's not business-casual. Can I say that? Will you take that?"
Me: Dude, I have no idea what you're talking about, but sure.
Sam: He's so into you.
[Laura and Sam try to convince me that I should try to date this man for several minutes]
Me: Ok more things I've learned about this man: he's carrying a gun also ... and "a couple of [his] friends are black" so that's good.
Shockingly, we're not dating.
No comments:
Post a Comment