So, read anything good recently, Amanda?
I've read fewer books recently and more... other stuff, but the books I have read have been great. Ali Smith's new book of short stories is amazingly good, and I finally started Elena Ferrante's Neapolitan series, which is as good as everybody says it is. I'm in the middle of The Robber Bride right now, which I'm reading 100% for that "Male fantasies, male fantasies" quote, which I haven't gotten to yet, but I'm preemptively really angry with men.
Speaking of men, any special guys in your life right now?
Lol.
Uh, special lady/non-binary person?
Still not a lesbian, although at this point Sebastian Stan is pretty much the only thing tethering me to heterosexuality, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
How's school going so far?
It's been busy but good! I'm taking three classes: Homeland Security, Mitigation, and Statistics. It's the fourth time I've taken college-level statistics, and I'm getting above 100% right now, so it's fair to say that one's going pretty well. Homeland Security is a lot more interesting than I thought it was going to be. Mostly I signed up for it to make sure there was someone to disabuse the undergraduates of any crazy idea floated by our professor, but so far the most extreme thing he's done is make fun of Gary Johnson, which I'm obviously totally on board with. I'm angry at Congress a lot again, which really makes me nostalgic, so the course has that going for it too. Did you know that DHS is overseen by over 100 committees and subcommittees? What the fuck, Congress?! And then mitigation is a whole, overwhelming can of worms, not because there's anything wrong with the class, but because I'm finally dipping my toes into the literature on climate change adaptation (which, you may recall, is the field I've chosen for my career), and, wow, what's going on with this literature. So just trying to wrap my head around all of that, but I'll get there.
Anything you'd like to ask your readers, you narcissistic twit?
Yes, and in keeping with the theme of this blog, they're about me! First of all, I don't really know what I'm doing with this blog at the moment, is there anything you'd like me to write about? I don't think I have much of anything of value to share with the world, but once in a while someone yells at me for not updating here very often, so I guess there are a few people who enjoy it, and maybe there's something specific you'd like to read. Second, and most importantly, anyone have a Halloween costume recommendation? I have NOTHING and it's making me crazy. I know I made this joke on Snapchat already, but I do have a Captain America t-shirt, and if anyone wants to cut off their arm we can go as Stucky. I suspect I won't get too many takers on that, but please let me know if you have other ideas, I'm at a complete loss.
No comments:
Post a Comment