I'm back in Boston, and it's actually really nice so far. Granted, I've only been here for two days, I'm sure after a couple of weeks I'll start going crazy, but for now I'm in good shape. A couple of housekeeping things, if you've tried emailing, calling, or texting me and I haven't responded to you promptly or at all, I'm sorry, my parents' house somehow does not get any 4G, Wi-Fi or cell service. Another possibility is that you'll get four of the same text from me. Sorry in advance.
One of the great things about being home is that, because my health insurance is horrible, I get to see all my doctors when I'm here, so I have, like, ten different appointments this break. I've already had two, I have two later this week, then a possible surgery the day before my birthday (hooray!), a possible follow-up on my birthday (hooray!!), another follow-up on New Year's Eve, an eye appointment, an endocrinologist appointment, and God only knows what else. Guys, there are so many things wrong with me. I don't really mind all the doctors, it's sort of nice to know that I'm being taken care of, it just limits the amount of time I can spend driving around New England visiting people.
On that note, I'm hoping to see a friend from high school this afternoon, a few friends from college in Boston... at some point, Nikoleta in New York City for New Years (!), and maybe a few others. It's funny being at home from school at almost 25, because pretty much everyone else is working and won't be home for a while yet, not that there's anyone else I'm looking forward to running into. Anyway, it's nice just being with my family (for now...). Mom wasn't feeling well last night and Becky's in New York for some informational interviews, so Dad and I had dinner together and I got to learn all about the differences between French and American chardonnays, and he's tasked me with picking out a chablis for dinner tonight so I can learn about flintiness. Isn't it amazing how many things there are to learn about? I'm constantly astounded by my own ignorance.
In addition to drinking wine and going to doctors' appointments, I have quite a bit of work to do for school, which is actually sort of a relief. I'm looking forward to getting a head-start on some of the classes I'll be taking next semester, as well as feeling prepared for my oral comprehensive exams at the end of the year. If you're in the Boston area, though, and you want to get together, I think I can probably squeeze you in -- give me a call/text/email or leave a comment and, assuming I get it, we'll work something out.
No comments:
Post a Comment