I got a text from Jared today that said, "Don't go falling in love with Fargo now..." but I think it might already be too late. It could not realistically be more beautiful right now, and, as depressed as winter made me, summer here has made me extremely happy. I saw it was in the 50s in New York City this morning? Fargo has been between 65 and 85 every day, get on our level, New York. I'm making an effort to get outside and really take advantage of the weather -- I've started running almost every morning, Jennie and I went kayaking at a state park in Minnesota last week, and I've been spending pretty much every afternoon out on my porch, reading and just soaking up the sun. Plus, there are all kinds of exciting things coming up. On Friday a few of us are going to a RedHawks game, and I may also stop by the Hub, which is going to be shutting down on Saturday, with some new friends. Obviously Saturday is the Roadshow, Sunday I'm driving down to the cities and then flying to BWI, early next week is the conference, then later in the week I'll be in DC seeing all the great people. And then when I get back to Fargo I get to vote! I'm looking forward to voting. There are some pretty weird candidates on the ballot.
Tonight I'm doing yoga with a girl I met at the trivia meet-up I went to last night. Meetup is the thing to do, you guys. This group is a ton of fun, they're doing all kinds of great stuff (like tubing! When was the last time you went tubing?), and they seem to not think I'm totally weird. All very encouraging. We almost placed last night, and we did win a couple of sweet tattoo sleeves (I'm so bad ass, now). I'm excited to get to know them all better, and to have a few people outside the program to hang out with.
Are there any bad things happening in my life? That's an interesting question. I mean, global warming is still happening, my back hurts a little bit, something strange is happening with my plumbing again, and I may be about to get some not-so-great news, but it's hard for me to be worried about any of that right now, and, considering how short-lived this gorgeous weather will be, I'm not going to worry about... not being worried.
No comments:
Post a Comment