Thursday, June 26, 2014

Friends, Acquaintances, Strangers

Well, that's it. All my friends are gone. I still have a number of acquaintances, so I've got that going for me. I've offered to throw a number of these acquaintances a vegan dinner party, which is a big step in the Amanda-befriending process. So hopefully I'll have some more friends soon, but for now, no friends. Jennie heads down to Kansas tomorrow, and tonight we went out to a Red Hawks game with Daniel (fun, but not quite as much fun as a Saints game). It was a good way to send her off, and I think we all had a great time tonight, but it's going to be a bit lonely without her (sorry for harping). I still haven't gotten over that feeling of, wait, but seriously, what am I doing in Fargo? I'm not going to get depressive on you right now, it's just that there were a number of things I was looking forward to earlier this year, and those things are either not going to happen (for a variety of reasons), or are going to happen but probably aren't going to be as great as they were in my mind. Sorry for being cryptic, suffice it to say I'm in the process of readjusting my expectations on a few things, but haven't quite gotten there yet, and not having any close friends in Fargo right now isn't helping.

Ok, but fun things! Well, this past week has been pretty good. I've been binge-watching "Damages," binge-reading library books, and getting up-and-running (a bit late, admittedly) on some work that needs to get done this summer. A friend from college, Alex, was in town for about an hour on Tuesday, so we got lunch and talked about grad school, road trips and helicopter yoga (yes please). Last night was Gastropub trivia, which was great apart from the actual trivia part, which I was terrible at (did you know Louis Pasteur helped invent the rabies vaccine? That was only one of the many things we did not know.). I love Erin and Chris, two of the regulars. We seem to have pretty similar interests, and (I like to think) have been enjoying each others' company over the last few weeks. There was also a new guy there who I drove home. I wasn't even that crazy about him, but it was still nice to get to know a new person, and when I got home I felt energized by the interaction. People are great, guys! I love people! Excited to interact more with people in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment