Barnes & Noble has been treating me well, everybody. I'm being promoted to head cashier, which means I'll be full time and can stop complaining so much about money all the time. I finished my second overnight shift in a row about 12 hours ago, which was exhausting. but the upshot was that I have further proof that my coworkers are the greatest people ever. Not only are they funny, kind and interesting people, but they have they been shockingly tolerant of my nearly constant updates about One Direction. What everybody seems to be most interested in are the teddy bears, Rainbow Bondage Bear and Sugar Baby Bear (or RBB and SBB), that are the band's unacknowledged mascots, and that have been sending the fans coded messages for months (... yeah, I know). Because I have been fielding quite a few questions about RBB and SBB, here is what you have missed if you haven't been obsessively checking in on 150+ One Direction tumblrs over the past few weeks, as I have been:
-Rainbow Bondage Bear and Sugar Baby Bear are rainbow-colored teddy bears that wear aviators, black mustaches and bondage gear, and are set up on the sound equipment before One Direction concerts. We don't officially know who sets up the bears, but it's pretty certain Louis and Harry are involved.
-The bears sometimes wear different outfits (memorably, recently wedding dresses), and are often posed next to photos of famous gay icons and drag queens.
-They often have stickers that are the same colors as the boys' microphones, with smiling or frowning faces, depending on what is happening with the band
-Recently, RBB and SBB got a Twitter account (@RBBSBBofficial, if you're interested). Their first tweets were photos of the bears with drag queens and seemingly in gay nightclubs.
-Last week, they tweeted what was basically a countdown, ending on Sunday with a photo of a sign that said, "Danger: Bears coming out of hibernation." This tweet woke me up at 9:15 AM (yes, I do get Twitter notifications from a pair of gay teddy bears), and was the reason I could not go back to sleep, and was consequently not at 100% on that first overnight.
-Nothing really happened on Sunday, but yesterday Louis was photographed in a part of Newcastle called Gay Village, across the street from the club where RBB and SBB were pictured in their Monday tweet.
This is what my life is right now. This is where I'm at.
No comments:
Post a Comment