When I started my job, I was really enthusiastic and excited about it, and to be fair, it's sort of an exciting job. I have gotten to do all kinds of undercover work, I raided an office in California, I even got a library card from the Library of Congress. Lately, though, the excitement has worn off, and making spreadsheets and finding contact information for legal departments have somehow lost their luster. But I never dread coming to work or wish the weekends would last longer, because my coworkers are awesome and smilingly put up with my whining and weird anxieties. They go to Starbucks with me when they would rather go to Au Bon Pain. They advise me against marrying an attorney. They go to totally irrelevant legal and economic conferences with me. When I was telling Andy, one of the mobile technology people in our office, about my options for grad school, he didn't look at my funny when I mentioned NDSU, he told me that if I went there I would have to go see some rodeos.
Monday, May 20, 2013
Fargo Facts
Is it too early to update this blog? Yes? Too bad. I want to write a little about my coworkers. I work with some lovely people, many of whom are concerned about the fact that I'm going to North Dakota, a place I don't know very much about. Two of them, Andrew and Patrick, are particularly concerned about it, and have taken to sending me a fact about Fargo every day. Well, Patrick sends me facts regularly, and Andrew sends me facts when I complain that he hasn't sent me anything, but a good public shaming might make improve his consistency. Ahem. Anyhow, I'll post something they've sent me from time to time, and we can all learn about Fargo together.
When I started my job, I was really enthusiastic and excited about it, and to be fair, it's sort of an exciting job. I have gotten to do all kinds of undercover work, I raided an office in California, I even got a library card from the Library of Congress. Lately, though, the excitement has worn off, and making spreadsheets and finding contact information for legal departments have somehow lost their luster. But I never dread coming to work or wish the weekends would last longer, because my coworkers are awesome and smilingly put up with my whining and weird anxieties. They go to Starbucks with me when they would rather go to Au Bon Pain. They advise me against marrying an attorney. They go to totally irrelevant legal and economic conferences with me. When I was telling Andy, one of the mobile technology people in our office, about my options for grad school, he didn't look at my funny when I mentioned NDSU, he told me that if I went there I would have to go see some rodeos.
And your Fargo Fact: “Walk the walk” at the Celebrity Walk of Fame is located at the Fargo-Moorhead visitors' center at 2001 44th
St. S in Fargo (exit 348 on I-94). The walk contains handprints and
signatures of more than 110 celebrities. Neil Diamond, Richard Simmons,
Bill Gates, and the members of KISS are just a few of the celebrities
included in the nearly 1.5 mile track. The walk is free and is best seen
in the spring, summer, or fall, or whenever there isn’t a flood.
When I started my job, I was really enthusiastic and excited about it, and to be fair, it's sort of an exciting job. I have gotten to do all kinds of undercover work, I raided an office in California, I even got a library card from the Library of Congress. Lately, though, the excitement has worn off, and making spreadsheets and finding contact information for legal departments have somehow lost their luster. But I never dread coming to work or wish the weekends would last longer, because my coworkers are awesome and smilingly put up with my whining and weird anxieties. They go to Starbucks with me when they would rather go to Au Bon Pain. They advise me against marrying an attorney. They go to totally irrelevant legal and economic conferences with me. When I was telling Andy, one of the mobile technology people in our office, about my options for grad school, he didn't look at my funny when I mentioned NDSU, he told me that if I went there I would have to go see some rodeos.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment