You know what's terrible? Looking for apartments. You know what's the absolute worst, though? Doing it from 1000 miles away. I was feeling pretty good about my chances of not being homeless when I left Fargo because I had a building in mind that I was interested in, but after a week of not hearing anything from them, I'm feeling a bit less optimistic. I've contacted a number of other properties, but there have been problems with all of them, from being too expensive to being in basements to not coming with parking. Once again, I have the overwhelming desire to have someone else do the difficult things in my life for me. It's a growing process!! Everything's going to be great!!! Or something. Hopefully eventually I will secure an apartment, and if I don't, well, I think I saw on VH1's "Behind the Music" that Rob Thomas of Third Eye Blind was homeless at one point, and things turned out ok for him.
In other news, I had my last choir rehearsal last night, and we have concerts tomorrow, Sunday and next Saturday. It's bittersweet, because even though I'm excited to be able to go to karaoke with Mikey and go to baseball games with my coworkers on Tuesday nights, I've really enjoyed this choir and I made a lot of really good friends. On Monday I had three of the girls over for dinner and it was relaxed in a way that most of my dinner parties are not, and not just because the smoke alarm wasn't going off throughout the meal. I hope to find people who are as into contra dancing, exploring whiskey and listening to Russian glam rock as these ladies when I move. And barring that, hopefully I'll get to be in a chorus soon where I can bond with people over a shared ambivalence toward Handel.
No comments:
Post a Comment