Sunday, July 28, 2013

Vacation Pt. 1

Hello from Northfield! This is going to be fairly, short, because, well, let's just say I'm not feeling great this morning, but I do want to give you all a little update. I continue to not have internet, but that's what coffee shops are for. I'm writing from my favorite coffee shop in the world, Goodbye Blue Monday, with one of my favorite people in the world, Teddy. I drove to Minneapolis yesterday for lunch with Elena in Uptown. Elena is moving to Ann Arbor in a few weeks, and we had a long chat about the excitement and anxiety that accompanies a transition like that. I could talk to Elena for hours and hours and hours, but I had told Teddy I would meet him in Northfield at 4, so around 3 Elena and I parted ways and I finished up the drive. Teddy's moving across town, and we spent our first couple of hours together taking things from one apartment to the other, doing some grocery shopping, and generally getting things set up at his new place. Around 6:30, two of Teddy's friends, Joe and Kim, came over, and we had some guacamole and beers and I got to know them a little. I demanded that we go to Hogan Brothers for dinner, and it was just as delicious as I remembered. After Ho Bros we went to the Contented Cow for more drinks and a few rounds of cards. The evening ended back at Teddy's apartment with more drinks and yet another heated conversation about recycling. At some point, someone tore up Teddy's lease. I'm not exactly sure what happened.

I woke up early this morning and Teddy and I got bagels at one of the new shops that's opened here since we graduated. It's fun being in Northfield again -- it feels less disorienting now than it did the last time I was here. It's also a relief to know that Northfield, and Teddy, are only a four hour drive away, and as long as I've got "Yeezus" in my CD player, a four hour drive is borderline enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment