Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Vacation Pt. 2

I theoretically have internet at my apartment, but I can't confirm that because I'm heading home out of Minneapolis right now. Those of you who are familiar with my travel style will not be surprised to learn that I arrived at the airport almost five hours early. It wasn't completely because I'm enormously compulsive -- I spent the night at my friend Emily's place, and she had to leave for work pretty early this morning, and I just couldn't justify sitting at the breakfast place for more than a couple of hours. I only have another hour to kill before my flight boards, so good news there.

This past weekend was wonderful. I had a great time with Teddy -- we got to do a lot of my favorite things, including rearranging his apartment, talking about Science Olympiad, eating at Chapati and watching Casino Royale.

I left on Sunday morning for Minneapolis. After grabbing breakfast, I went to a coffee shop to read, but started feeling a little restless, and, unable to find a place to park and being thoroughly American, I decided the thing to do was go to the Mall of America. I'm not proud. I didn't buy anything, except for a ticket to see World War Z, which was too scary for me, and had an unusually strong POV on Israel for a movie about zombies. One of the first people in the theater with me started chatting me up, and I was perhaps unnecessarily excited to hear that he was from the DC area.

Emily called me after the movie ended and we made plans to meet up with a few other Carleton people around 8:30. I drove back to her apartment, which is in the most convenient spot in Uptown. I walked to a Thai restaurant for dinner, and then finished the book I was reading at a tea place a few blocks away (I was reading this horrendous book about development economics which I had to give up on, and picked up a surprisingly quick and unconvincing book about developing a non-growth economy instead). At 8:30 I went to my friend Morgan's apartment and we caught up for a few minutes until Julia and Emily came over. We hung out for a few hours, and after I had made them all promise to come visit me, Emily and I headed back to her place for the night.

I'll be getting home tonight around 9, hopefully, if anything interesting happens I'll let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment