Back in Fargo! I feel oodles better about my life since getting back, not least of all because there are some sweet goings-on in the next few months. What follows is an (incomplete) list of Things I Will Be Doing this semester. I would love it if some friends wanted to come with me, although I will also happily go to any of these events by myself.
1/19: I will be starting the new season of Sherlock on PBS, where it will be airing, legally. If you would like to legally watch it with me, you should come to my apartment. There will be vegan snacks. If you have already watched the show, illegally (ahem), you may still come, but I may make you sit on the floor.
1/23: Har Mar Superstar is coming to the Aquarium. You probably don't know what or who Har Mar Superstar is. Check out the video. Great stuff.
2/1: Trampled by Turtles and the Pines are coming to the Venue at the Hub.
2/7: Bone Thugs N Harmony are coming. BONE THUGS N HARMONY YOU GUYS.
2/21: Mike Birbiglia at the Fargo Theater. This is mostly for Rachel, who won't be coming, but I'll still probably go.
4/5: La Bohème in Winnipeg. I will make any and all excuses to go to Winnipeg.
I should note that I will also have some work to do this semester. I'm taking four classes instead of the usual three, but I'm really looking forward to all of them, so I'm planning on not minding being busy. My first class was yesterday -- it's a qualitative methods course in the sociology department, and the professor seems great, although I generally have a rather low opinion of non-quantitative methods with respect to their usefulness. But prove me wrong, cool sociology professor! I had a meeting for the class I'm taking about functional needs in disasters this morning, and a class on preparedness this afternoon. Friday will be advanced research methods, and then I'll be done for the week. I'm never going to have more than one class per week, so I'm going to have to work on keeping myself organized and managing my time appropriately, but I feel like I'll be able to do that. Second semester, let's do this thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment