Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Friends!

I'm going to have them! After doing a few hours of work at my coffee shop, I met Jared and Laura, two of the four masters students in the year above me. It looks like I'm going to like all these people. I met Jared first -- we talked about his interests in the program and his feelings about Fargo. He's from small-town Minnesota, is in the ROTC, and had an awesome time in Bismarck this summer. From what Laura told me, Jared is pretty much universally well-liked, which is believable from our conversation. A few minutes after we met, Laura got to the restaurant. Laura's from Rhode Island, so I've got a nice New England connection there, and she's super friendly and talkative. I got to lunch around 12:30, and the two of us talked until close to 4. Laura reminds me of a few of the people that I knew at Carleton, and as an added bonus she didn't blink when I told her I think the world is ending, which bodes well. I'll be taking classes with both Jared and Laura this semester, which I'm excited about, and all five masters students are probably going out drinking on Thursday, and I'm really looking forward to meeting the last two, Samantha and John.

I still love you all, though, and I want to keep hearing from you! Yell at me if I owe you a call and we'll catch up one on one.

No comments:

Post a Comment