Tuesday, August 13, 2013

More Midwest Travels

I'm back in Fargo for a couple of days before I'm off on my last trip of the summer. I got home from a wedding on Sunday in Minneapolis, and at 2 am on Thursday I'm heading to Milwaukee to visit Lia, which I am really looking forward to. But the wedding first:

I know what you were thinking when you read that I went to a wedding in Minneapolis -- I hope she took some photos of industrial riverfront scenes on the Mississippi. Boy, are you in luck!






The wedding itself was great, too. It was my friend Erin's wedding. We worked together at the FTC and she graduated from Carleton a couple of years ahead of me. Even though I didn't know many of the guests well before the wedding, I had a great time with everyone. There was also, perhaps unsurprisingly, quite a bit of crying on my part. I think that even if I didn't know the couple I was watching get married, I would still cry a lot, so it didn't help that I really love this bride. There was so much chatting and dancing and pie after the ceremony, it was the best. I was staying with a friend from DC, and we went home before the pub crawl started, but we both had a great time. I'm so glad I was able to go.

On my way home from the wedding on Sunday, I picked up Les at his aunt and uncle's cabin on a lake in Minnesota. The drive was gorgeous, and the trip from the cabin to Fargo was only about an hour, eminently reasonable. Les and I made dinner on Sunday and went to bed on the early side. Yesterday morning, I showed him about all there was to see in Fargo, which took about four hours. We hung out at my apartment for a few hours, did a little shopping in West Fargo, and then went out to dinner after that. Back at my apartment, we watched "Antiques Roadshow" and The Matrix. I took Les back to Minnesota this morning, and then met up with a Carleton grad, Ellen, who I didn't really get to know while we were in school, but who is from Fargo. It's really hard to meet people I like better than Carleton grads. There are a few of you out there who I love in spite of the fact that you didn't go to college with me, but it's just unusually easy to talk to other Carls. We got coffee downtown and talked about my program and Ellen's law school. I showed her my apartment, and she invited me to her parents' house for dinner on Sunday, which I am really looking forward to.

Next week I may be starting work, or I may just be hanging out again. I'll try to have an update for you soon, get excited for more industrial riverfront scenes from Milwaukee!

No comments:

Post a Comment